Classic Chèvre Popovers
Ever wonder what is the most delicious, melt-in-your-mouth, super easy fall treat? Ponder no further—the team here at Fraga Farm has discovered what your mouth is missing, Chèvre Popovers! Savory or sweet, this bouffant butterball is simple to make (use a muffin tin if you don’t have a popover pan) and absolutely scrumptious. Even better, we are having a CHEVRE POPOVER RECIPE CONTEST! Enter your best variation to our classic for a chance to win a beautiful & well-seasoned pan.
You will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (put through the sifter for best results)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk (try different kinds!)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 oz goat cheese (our Fraga Farms tubs are 6oz, so make lots of popovers!)
- OPTIONAL: make them savory with herbs! Thyme, Oregano, Sage, Rosemary… and try with the Chef’s Blend Chevre & grated Rio Santiam on top!
1. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
2. Move rack to center of oven and preheat to 450 deg F.
3. Butter muffin or popover pan (melt butter & brush for even coating)
4. In a bowl, combine the flour & salt.
5. In a second bowl, combine the eggs, milk, & butter—mix thoroughly.
6. Pour the liquid mixture over the flour and fold until smooth.
7. Pour half of the mixture into the muffin tins until 1/3 full.
8. Spoon a dollop of goat cheese into the batter and cover with remaining mixture.
9. Bake for 15 mins at 450 deg F, then reduce temperature to 350 deg F and bake for 20 additional minutes. Make sure you keep the oven closed the entire time.
10. After 35 mins of baking, check done-ness – they should be crispy & brown and very voluminous!
11. Remove from pan (they should pop-out) and serve immediately! Eat them with honey for something sweet, or enjoy with sprinkled herbs for a savory bite. And then send us your recipes for a CHANCE TO WIN! email@example.com